Housing millions of images and thousands more each second, Pinterest is a playground for those seeking inspiration. Which home décor trends will make a splash on Pinterest feeds this year? Interior designer Taniya Nayak, of HGTV and Food Network fame, points to six major décor movements:
1. Digitally Defined – “Geometric shapes and angles have become associated with technology; this evokes creativity and innovative design because they’re edgy and create movement,” says Nayak.
One way to incorporate this trend within a space is using geometric floor tiles in different colors. The edginess of the tile with the mix of color will keep your eye constantly moving. Geometric shapes alone, like in a light fixture with lots of edges, will also create a dramatic and stunning statement.
You can also incorporate this trend with “pixilation” for a modern and clean look. Pixelated artwork made up of monochromatic cubes can be simplistic and fit in a variety of spaces.
2. Fresh and Fab – “Fun saturated colors, such as yellow and blue, produce an energetic and happy feeling,” Nayak says. “Let your imagination run wild and paint a bold accent wall for an eye-catching statement, or paint an antiqued piece of furniture a bright color for an unexpected combination of modern and traditional elements.”
Multiple bright colors mixed together create a crisp and fresh interior and elevate the mood in any space. Incorporating flowers and fruit is also a great way to enhance a space with color and aromas, instantly revitalizing a room.
3. Nature’s Patterns – Lend a sense of cleanliness without sacrificing detail with simple designs inspired by nature. These patterns are organic and include shapes such as honeycombs, florals and leaves.
“When honing in on the details found in these elements, it’s easy to see there are countless designs created,” says Nayak. “Pair these with neutral colors that have warm or cool tones for a soothing atmosphere, or blow them up and paint them in a bright color for a bold statement.”
You can also integrate natural patterns through accent pieces, such as reflective light fixtures to mimic sparkling water or a textured jute rug.
4. Presswork Palette – Personalize any space by incorporating text—think monograms, family names or inspirational quotes. Adding an uplifting quote or message to a room, whether on a small pillow or large piece of subway art, will create a positive atmosphere and generate conversation. Text can be placed anywhere throughout the home.
“Have fun by playing around with various fonts and sizes to create different moods throughout each room,” Nayak says. “Letters can be sharp and defined to create a contemporary and stylish aesthetic, or soft and casual to give life to a space so it feels elegant and timeless.”
5. Textured Terrain – Forget smooth finishes. From transformed wood pallets to worn leather or tin ceilings, raw materials that are aged offer a great deal of texture and help give a space dimension.
“A great way to make a raw material feel beautiful is by incorporating it into an application you would not typically think to use the material,” says Nayak. “For example, utilizing concrete on a wall instead of the floor will create a clean and raw space that will reflect simplicity and unity.”
6. Well-Traveled Style – Incorporate global influences with vibrant colors and exotic textiles through painting, wall décor or accessories. A parade of patterns from different cultures can feel modern and fresh when used together.
“Don’t be afraid to mix multiple prints within a space; having a variety of patterned pillows, rugs and wall décor is a great idea,” Nayak says. “Make sure to tie these patterns together by carrying a similar color throughout each element in the room.”
Whichever trend you choose to implement in your home, keep your unique style at the forefront, Nayak adds. After all, Pinterest is about personalization!
“When trying a new trend, make sure it accurately represents your style—and remember, you don’t have to go all out. Any of these trends can be incorporated into your home as little or as much as you’d like through pillows, accents, rugs and paint.”
Source: ShurTech Brands, LLC
For more real estate information, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on my mobile phone at 303-886-4618.